Christmas With A Cause: Joshua Recovery Ministries Is Restoring Hope, Rebuilding Lives
It has been widely reported that drugs and alcohol have taken a grip on individuals in our community. Whether it is opioid addiction, alcohol abuse or some other drug of choice, lives have been disastrously altered.
Hope Church has committed to show the love of Jesus Christ by adopting Joshua Recovery Ministries as the 2017 Christmas With a Cause mission. It’s one way we can address the heroine epidemic and invest in our own community. It’s how we can serve as God’s hands and feet.
In 2 Corinthians 13:11, the Apostle Paul urges us, “Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you.”
Joshua Recovery Ministries has been working in the community since 2008 to provide support and assistance to men on the road to recovery from drug and alcohol addiction. At the core of the program is God. The program is a residential treatment program centered around men making a commitment of faith in Jesus Christ and faith-based counseling.
This partnership with Joshua Recovery Ministries strengthens the work that has been taken up by several small groups and individuals at Hope Church. We further believe that as God has ordained men to be head of the family, we want to come along side our men in the community who are struggling and show them the love of Christ.
Just as Hope members have been generously supportive of our past campaigns, we are asking you to consider giving to the 2017 campaign. The ministry owns a property in Dayton that is in need of some repairs. Needed repairs include everything from new HVAC system to a roof and gutters to new flooring/carpet to renovating to incorporate a third bedroom.
Over the course of the next few weeks, you can help in three ways:
- Pray for the success of the 2017 Christmas With A Cause campaign.
- Spread the word about the campaign to all you come in touch with.
- Prayfully consider sacrificially giving to the campaign.
Your support is appreciated during this holiday season.
Why are we doing this?
In 2016, Hope Church celebrated 175 years. And as Hope reflected on the history, it became obvious that Hope served as the cornerstone to the East Dayton community serving its members during war time, preserving its members through the great flood of 1913, and surviving a devastating fire in 1960. Hope Church and its members never lost faith. With faith in God, Hope once again commits to serve as a cornerstone to Hope Chapel in the Philippines.
As our mission states, ‘We will give hope to the world through Jesus Christ.’
How can you help?
There are several ways to participate:
- Prayer partners are needed to come side-by-side with us to pray for the success of Christmas with a Cause as we raise enough funds to help with construction.
- Help us spread the word about Christmas with a Cause and encourage others to support this mission project.
- Lend your financial support to the cause. Your sacrificial giving is one of the keys to the success of this project. You can donate by giving during the offering at Hope Church. You can also mail your donation to:
5980 Wilmington Pk.
Dayton, OH 45459
Attn: Christmas With A Cause
You can also donate online.