“Make all you can, save all you can, give all you can.”
why we give
Each Sunday Hope Church sets aside time for offering.
Why do we do this?
1. Giving is an act of worship.
We believe that all that we have belongs to the Lord and we are stewards of such gifts. Therefore, we practice and encourage members to tithe – give a tenth of what they have back to the Lord.
2. Giving enables us to make a difference.
When you give at Hope, you not only support a Christ-centered ministry in the Dayton region, but you also support evangelistic and essential ministries throughout the world.
If you are a guest, do not feel obligated to give. We appreciate you worshipping with us today.
There are several different ways to give to Hope Church.
- Cash and checks are accepted at each service during worship and can be placed in the offering plate.
- Online giving is available on the church’s website. Look for the Giving link in the top navigation. Our online giving page is a secure way to give your gifts and tithes to the Lord in a convenient way using your online banking account or credit card. Through online giving you also also have the ability to designated your funds to a specific account at Hope Church.
- Automated giving forms are available at the Welcome Center.
- Text to give is available. Text “hopeindayton” to (833) 858-1843. You will be directed to register the first time with your contact information and credit/debit card. After registration is complete, you will receive verification by text as well as a receipt email. For future giving, simply text the amount you want to give and a security code will be sent to verify your account.
Hope Church Legacy Foundation
“A good person leaves an inheritance for their children’s children…” Proverbs 13: 22a (New International Version
Hope Church founded the Hope Church Legacy Foundation, a non-profit organization established to glorify Christ by supporting and enhancing the ministries of Hope United Methodist Church through planned giving. The purpose is to endow and support the future needs of Hope’s ministry and mission by encouraging members to remember Hope Church in their planned giving, including wills, trusts, life insurance designations, retirement accounts, or through current gifts of cash, stocks, mutual funds, etc. A gift can also be made in honor or memory of a loved one. The Foundation Board of Trustees meets regularly to review investments, distribute funds, as well as other activities that support the Foundation.
“He who is generous will be blessed…” Proverbs 22:9 (ESV)
When placing membership at Hope, you vow to honor Jesus Christ and uphold Hope Church through prayers, presence, gifts, service and witness. A gift to the Hope Legacy Foundation is one way of continuing a lifetime stewardship by remembering The Foundation in a will, trust, as a designated beneficiary of another asset, or by making a gift now. Supporting the Hope Legacy Foundation fulfills the promise of giving while allowing the giver to be specific about the use of their donation if they so choose, or simply by growing God’s Kingdom through the ministries of Hope. Charitable gifts to the Hope Legacy Foundation make a difference to those who receive them which makes a difference in the Kingdom of God, not just for the present, but for years to come.
There are two types of “funds” available to designate to the Foundation: (1) General Endowment Fund (2) Special Endowment Funds. Assets from the General Fund are used at the discretion of the Hope Legacy Foundation Trustees. These ministries may include children, youth, worship, missions, facilities, and the Hope Scholarship Fund. Assets from the Special Endowment Funds are put back into church ministries designated by the donor,
The Foundation Board of Trustees are Ella Davidson, John Merker, and John Ward. If you have questions or wish to make a gift contact the church office at 937-434-7095 or contact one of the Trustees.